Tuesday, June 28, 2016

9 Hours to Takeoff

In about 9 hours from now, my cohort and I will finally be departing for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to begin our adventure there. The last few days seemed to have passed by tantalizingly slowly in anticipation of our imminent trip. I spent the past three days compiling carefully crafted travel lists (many of which eventually got deleted), packing (as well as unpacking and repacking) my luggage and agonizing over what to bring and what not to bring, but I believe I have finally finished.
My luggage, packed and ready to go for tomorrow
Although I’ll be leaving behind the tranquility of my neighborhood here in Pinole, I’m excited to be heading across the country to experience life in a college environment. This will be my first time visiting Pennsylvania as well as my first time living in a dorm. I’m still a little bit apprehensive about the weather in Philadelphia, which, at the time I’m writing this, is 75 degrees Fahrenheit with 80% humidity, while Pinole is a comparatively pleasant 73 degrees with 43% humidity. Hopefully, it won’t be as bad as it sounds and I’ll be able to acclimate to life at UPenn quickly.
Last sunset in Pinole before departure
There seem to be so many things to look forward to during this trip: the social justice course itself (a topic I find fascinating), spending Independence Day in Philadelphia, and the site visits to Columbia University in New York and Georgetown University in Washington D.C., just to name a few. I am absolutely thrilled for this upcoming experience and I’m so grateful to be a part of the Ivy League Connection.

Here we come, Philadelphia! Now, onto the futile endeavor of sleeping before the big trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment